I am not a fan of downloading toolbars because they generally slow down computers and put cookies all over the place. I know awhile back I posted some freebies from ShopAtHome and I didn’t know at the time that it made you download the toolbar (it never asked me to download it because I am an affiliate for them and the affiliate managers kept telling all of us that it wasn’t required and I believed them). Recently some things have come out about ShopAtHome to show me what kind of shady company they are behind the scenes. Someone just showed me a site with instruction to help you remove the toolbar if you had downloaded it (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO).
- Click the “Tools” menu in your browser, and click “Add-ons.”
- Click the “Extensions” tab. You should see a list of your installed browser add-ons. Scroll down, click the “ShopAtHome Toolbar,” and then click “Uninstall.” Click “Yes” to confirm. Firefox will remove the toolbar.
- Close and relaunch Firefox.
- Click “Start” and click the “Control Panel.” Double-click “Add or Remove Programs” in Windows XP or “Uninstall a Program” in Windows 7 and Vista.
- Click “ShopAtHome Toolbar” and click “Remove” or “Uninstall.” Confirm your selection. The setup wizard will launch and remove the toolbar automatically.
- Close and relaunch Internet Explorer.
**I will say, I have always gotten my cash back checks from them in the past even though sometimes it takes awhile so no need to worry that you won’t get your cash back once you reach $20 in your account.