I didn’t post an update yesterday because there really wasn’t any new info that we had gotten and her condition was still the same (it was a really low point for her emotionally though and she broke down in tears a couple times which pretty much ripped my heart out.)
This morning she had her endoscopy and colonoscopy and they took a biopsy which we should get the result from soon. However they said it is really looking like Colitis and they are starting to treat her for that. She got steroids a couple times today and continued her antibiotics. They also put in a PICC line so they can feed her since she hasn’t been able to hold anything down for 2 weeks now. They were really nice and let her friend hold her hand through the whole procedure even.
Having her friend stop by today really lifted her spirits higher than they have been since this whole ordeal has started and her energy level seemed to be up too. It was nice to see her smiling again !!!
We did a little research on Ulcerative Colitis to see what foods she will need to cut out and sadly its pretty much everything she likes to eat so she is bummed about that. But we don’t want flare ups so we really need to be careful.
The Drs want to keep her here for a few more days (if not longer) because she is still bleeding quite a bit each time she goes to the bathroom. We will know more about our estimated departure date by Tuesday or Wednesday. I am just glad they aren’t trying to kick us out too soon. I would rather stay here too long than not long enough !!!!