I just received the coolest kitchen tool…. the Good Cook Avocado Slicer. After cutting your avocado in half, you will slide this tool along the inside of the skin and it will create slices. There is also a pointed end to it so you can dig the pit out. I love how it creates perfect slices !
Right now you can get 25% off the Avocado Slicer or any of the Good Cook ProFreshionals Produce Tools when you use code LoveAvocado at checkout.
Many years ago before starting my blog I used to work at the Brown Derby and my favorite thing on the menu was the Cobb Salad. It was actually the first time I had ever tried avocado and I fell in love with it. In case you didn’t know, the Cobb Salad was actually named after the owner of the Brown Derby, Rob Cobb. Below is the original recipe from the restaurant.
Brown Derby Cobb Salad Recipe:
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 bunch watercress
- 1 small bunch chicory
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado
- 2 medium tomatoes, blanched and peeled
- 1 1/2 cups cooked turkey breast, diced
- 3 eggs, hard-cooked
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 6 strips crisp bacon, crumbled
- 2 tbsp. chopped chives
BROWN DERBY OLD-FASHIONED FRENCH DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 1/4 tbsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup red-wine vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tbsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. English mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups salad oil
Pretty much you just chop everything up finely and mix together. You can make a prettier presentation before tossing by topping all the ingredients onto of the greens like I have pictured above.
Now onto the giveaway…
To enter, leave a comment stating which of the 3 tool you think you will use the most.
I will give you additional entries for each of the following:
- Follow WhoSaidNothingInLifeisFree on Twitter (leave a comment stating that you did so)
- Follow WhoSaidNothinginLifeisFree on Pinterest (leave a comment stating that you did so)
- Like WhoSaidNothinginLifeisFree on Facebook (leave a comment stating that you did so)
- Subscribe to the WhoSaidNothinginLifeisFree Daily emails (leave a comment stating that you did so)
I will end this giveaway on 8/28 at 5 pm EST
NOTE: Individuals can enter the Good Cook giveaway on multiple participating blogs to increase their chances of winning. However, one prize will be awarded per promotion. If an individual wins a Good Cook prize on two or more blogger’s sites, they will only qualify to receive one prize.