Ok so I am now addicted to making these glass glitter ornaments and will be going to the store to get more glass ornaments very soon. I absolutely LOVE how they turned out and have so many more ideas for more. I am going to do each family member’s name next !!! I am really getting so much use out of my Silhouette Machine
For the Nativity Ornament you will need:
- Floor “Finish” (any brand works as long as it says “finish” and is not just a cleaner)
- fine glitter
- Silhouette Silver Vinyl (or Black Vinyl or white or whatever color you want)
- Silhouette Premium Transfer Paper With Grid (not pictured)
- Glass ornaments (I chose the Glass Disc Ornaments because it is easier to apply vinyl to them)
- Remove the metal top of the ornament and set aside
- Pour a small amount of floor finish into the ornament and swish it around to coat all sides
- Pour excess back into the bottle and turn upside down until all excess has dripped out (I only wait about 5 min)
- Pour fine glitter into ornament using a funnel. Make sure you coat all sides of the ornament and pour out excess.
- Place the metal lid back on (being careful not to scratch off the glitter with the metal prongs)
- Now, go into the Silhouette online store and download design #52457.
- Bring in the design into the studio and shrink it down to about 2.5 by 2.5 inches
- Cut your vinyl and peel off extra unwanted pieces
- Lay on your transfer paper
- Center the design onto the ornament and press down (You may need to manually move some of the pieces that don’t lay down flat due to the ornament being round/oval.
These are just so much fun to make and would make great gifts for teachers, family and friends !!! The possibilities are endless.