Here is a fun project for Valentine’s Day. They would be the perfect addition to your holiday meal ! These DIY Valentine’s Day Glitter Wine Glasses are very simple to make and if you don’t have a silhouette machine, you can just do the glitter stems without the heart decals.
What You Need:
- Glitter (I used Martha Steward fine glitter)
- Mod Podge (I used matte finish)
- Triple Thick Brush on Glaze (to seal it)
- Paint brush
- Wine Glasses (got mine at Dollar Tree and seem to be good quality)
- Duct tape or masking tape
- Silhouette or Cricut machine
- Red permanent Vinyl
- Wipe down the wine glass stem with alcohol to clean off anything greasy
- Apply duct tape or masking tape to cover the round portion of the glass so that you get a clean line of glitter
- Paint on a layer of Mod Podge onto the stem and base of the glasses
- Sprinkle (or pour) glitter over the mod podge
- Allow to dry for an hour
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 and allow to dry for another hour
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 once again and carefully remove the tape making sure you don’t peel up glitter from the stem. Push down any glitter that has lifted up.
- Allow to dry overnight
- Paint on a coat of Triple Thick to seal the glitter and allow to dry for several hours.
- Find a cute heart shape design and cut it out of red vinyl using your silhouette or cricut machine
- Wipe your glass down with alcohol in the area you want the decal to be placed. Once it dries, apply the heart decals (if you use permanent vinyl, it will be waterproof so you can hand wash your glasses with no problems).
- Make sure you allow everything to completely dry for about a week before you try to hand wash these wine glasses.
And that’s it ! You can make these for just about every holiday by changing the glitter color and the vinyl design. I think they turned out pretty cute, how about you?