Valentine’s Day is only a few weeks away and you may be trying to think of a unique Valentine idea for your kids to give to friends. I decided to use my Silhouette Machine and Xyron Sticker Maker to create personalized Valentine’s sticker labels to seal candy bags.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Cardstock or Printer Paper (I used printer paper)
- Printer – I love my HP Envy (check out my review HERE)
- Silhouette Machine
- Xyron Sticker Maker – 3-Inch
- Cellophane bags (I found zebra striped ones that are perfect for Kaley)
- First create your design in the Silhouette software. I started with a chevron background and subtracted out a circle from it (this is under the modify tab). Then I used a heart from the “Sexy Love Hearts 2” dingbat font to create the heart design. Finally, I created the text on a circle and moved it into the middle of the label. This took some time to get sized exactly right so be patient.
- Now, duplicate your design for the number of labels you want to create.
- Next make sure you have your design set on “no cut” except the outer circle.
- Place the registration marks on the page and click “print”
- Once your design is printed set it on your mat and load it into the Silhouette machine and click “send to Silhouette”.
- The machine will read the registration marks and know exactly where to cut around each circle.
- Next take each paper circle and send it through the Xyron Sticker Maker. When it comes out the back, each label will be sticky on the back and laying on a sticker sheet so you can peel it off when you are ready to use it.
- Fill the cellophane treat bags with chocolates and fold it down and slap your label on it to seal it.
I just love how these turned out ! Its such a personalized gift from the heart and yet it didn’t cost much to make at all (which I always like).
Next, I plan to use this design I created for a few more bags…
If you like this project, please pin it to Pinterest