Today I decided to attempt to make a Valentine’s Day themed mesh wreath and it turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself !!! These cost so much at craft fairs and yet I was able to make it for under $10.
What you will need:
- 4-6 rolls of mesh ribbon (found at Dollar Tree)
- Wire wreath frame (found at Dollar Tree)
- Pipe Cleaners (found at Dollar Tree)
- Red Ribbon (I got mine from Walmart)
- Embellishments (I got the red glitter hearts at Michaels using a 40% off coupon and got the glitter XO in a pack from the Dollar Spot at Target and had the red glitter ornaments from a Christmas clearance)
- Hot Glue gun to add embellishments
- Cut several pipe cleaners in half
- Lay your wire wreath frame flat side down
- Tie pipe cleaners around the frame alternating
- Attach a section of mesh to the frame with the pipe cleaners and scrunch up a few inches and attach again at the next pipe cleaner. Go around the whole wreath frame. I made it so that one roll went exactly around the frame once.
- Repeat step 4 with each roll of mesh.
- After you have the thickness of mesh that you like, weave a ribbon around the whole wreath like I did with the red ribbon.
- Attach embellishments with hot glue.
I think I will start making these for every holiday, they are just so much fun !!!
Check out some of my other DIY Valentine’s Day crafts below…
- DIY Valentine’s Day Glitter Wine Glasses
- DIY Valentine’s Sticker Labels Using a Silhouette Machine and Xyron Sticker Maker
- DIY Valentine’s Glass Block with Lights
- DIY Kids Butterfly Valentines Using a Silhouette Machine
- Valentine’s Day Sugar Wafers Recipe
- Valentine’s Day Craft Using SweetWorks Candy (printable tag for candy)
- Valentine’ Dy Printable “You’re One Hot Tamale XOXO” tag